Thursday 20 October 2011

First Fortnight. Thoughts.

This has been very intersting. It's ben a LOT of work, so far...I've worked with a team, twice, and I've just begun to do independant work, which to me is a lot more palatable. Probably I just haven't met the right team yet ;) That having been said, I enjoyed the challenge of working with a team. It involved a lot of compromise, and the song was not entirely to my liking, but overall it was good. I got a lot out of it, and I had fun making my bat puppets. (I'll post pictures later.)
    Lectures:
      Tuesday: didn't know there was one! Thought it was just a film, which of course i can catch up on, seeing as i can never stay till 7 on tuesdays, having un-movable prior commitments. But i've just found out there's a lecture before the film, so next tuesday i plan to stay for that then leave and catch up on the film another time.
      Wednesday: I SHOULD say these have been useful, you know, for life and stuff.... but to be perfectly honest they've so far proved to be the biggest waste of my time so far. I hate to say that, as I know they are indeed 'importnat' becasue they're about practitioners' actual lives and i will of course need to know these very practical things at one time, but still.
     So far, teh first week was mediocre, i was uninterested but it was tolerable. The second week i was dead bored out my tiny mind, my back ached beyond measure and i was put hours behind on my work, all from listening to this man go ON about his work. I wasn't going to go, as i had so much work to do, but i decided last minute that i should; it might change my life or something...Needless to say, i was exceedingly mad that i'd made the 'responsible' decision and gone to it. This week, yesterday, again i wasn't going to go- i had piles of work to do and my reflective journal, which has been a casualty of my mad timetable, BUT I DID trek the hour and a half to college only to be told it was cancelled. There's no one to blame for that, i didn't particularly mind as i was basically joyful I didn't have to go, and could get on with my work all the sooner. The problem was that if he had been there, i would have been as miserable as in the previous weeks- it being yet another designer, this time in advertising, which may have been better than the previous, but was still not my thing at all. WHEN WILL THERE BE ILLUSTRATORS???? i need to find out who's going to be on...it's not worth the time and trek if it's going to be nothing of interest or importance.
     Thursday: I live for thursdays. The lectures are FANTASTIC and i love them. I wouldn't miss one even if i were in new zealand teh night before. I'd take out a loan and jump on a plane.

My workload:  is too much given my travelling time, tbh. I will need to sort out my timetable this weekend, cos this is mad. I'm managing, barely....
         ....it's not the work, it's the travel. It's the people on the travel. I hate it. I've had to muster up courage to leave the house today, after the experience i had yesterday nearly drove my to agoraphobia.
                                     I've never really been a tv watcher- i watch it but i prefer books. All my favourite shows (all two of them) i watch on dvd. Yet recently i've begun to understand. I love tv. it makes human interaction possible without actually having to interact with humans. don't have to touch them. don't have to put up with their nastiness in any of its forms. can switch them off at will.  :)
      you need never leave home. I would like to never leave home, until i have a nice big country house in the middle of nowhere and a lake, on my own with three sheep.
      
                     That's all i need.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment