Thursday 14 October 2010

just because

...i felt like writing today about the RIDICULOUSNESS of daytime tv. (I am actually doing a LOT of vis comm work in time for tomorrow, the tv is just a soundtrack) (that i'm thinking of muting.) (Well not any more, cos Voyager's just come on lol) A minute ago I was forced to watch Jeremy Kyle, which is all that is on apart from Dickinson's real deal/ commonwealth games/ crap music videos. THAT was the worst. I can't believe people can be so stupid when they're clearly in the wrong.
    AND...
I have to get this out of my system- have you seen a recent Boots advert? The one with the irritating stupid, very scripted female voice which says:
   "They say women tolerate pain better. The (')truth(') is, we just remember to buy painkillers!"
..
...
OH REALLY? I hate for this to sound like a rant, but i was so mad when i first saw this that my blood ran cold. I wish i could tell Mr Boots (cos it must be a man) that their painkillers don't even WORK! Without codeine i find there is no difference between Boots paracetamol and Smarties. And with codeine they only just about numb the pain, and only for about an  hour. Boots are reeeeaaally clocking up enemies; i know I'm not the only one who's boycotted the shop since 'Here Come The Girls'. I'm NEVER going in there again, now. And you- oh go away Spyware update- can hold me to that.
               Well I more than enjoyed that.
   Went to listen to Dominic Wilcox giving a lecture yesterday; he was fantastic. In recounting my visual-audio adventure to mine Grandmother i dithered when trying to describe what he was. I settled on the vague 'artist-designer', what i really should have said was Utter. Genius. He's got an INCREDIBLE brain. I love his brain.
once i figure out how to post other things like pictures and videos I'm going to put up his video of the football-smoothie maker, which had me in uncontrollable stitches. I'm not sure why.
      Found out in a couple weeks I have to write some kind of statement thing about my decision. Which irks me greatly cos i still have no idea!!!!! I like parts of all of them so far!!!! I wish there was more time. I'm not a person that thrives on choices. I have to have all or nothing. Preferably nothing, but on occasion a little bit of all can help inspire me. Such as last week's Plug exercise. That was great. I am really enjoying vis comm. I may choose it. But then what degree would that let me choose?? Graphic design? I really don't see myself doing graphics. Illustration? I would like to maybe, but it's hard to get a job from that; i know a reallly good illustrator, she went to CSM. Now the only thing she's been able to do is one little book for an accountancy firm, so not even big images, more like little page graphics. That scared me off illustration a bit, if I'm honest. And I wouldn't really want to illustrate someone else's fiction book; i would feel like i was wasting myself and my time not writing my own. I sometimes wonder if I'm doing that now. The longer I work at this arty side of my creativity, the more i feel I should be a writer. Which is of course what I always wanted to do until those evil English teachers of mine that I had in secondary school (not Yr 7, she was so lovely) ruined my ambition.
    And I miss studying history. Should I even be writing all this? What exactly was this blog supposed to be about again? What was the point of the whole exercise? But i really miss history. I'm getting things I always knew confused and i DON'T like it. What did I confuse the other day? Thomas and Oliver Cromwell. I got them confused. I used to be expert on Tudor history; I should've known it was Thomas cromwell, not the evil Oliver of the 17th century. I don't want my brain to melt.
 But yeah we have to write 500-750 words on our decision, which hopefully by 28th I'll be clearer about. The only problem is I know my trouble with word limits. My histroy coursework last year had a limit of 3500 (4000 tops) and without meaning to, thinking I was writing minimalistically, I wrote 8900. Cutting it down took months and sacrificed the feeling and scholarliness of it. I've been writing for half an  hour. This is like my new diary.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment