Friday 15 October 2010

it's the end of vis comm!!!

Sob! I really quite enjoyed this rotation. I found that I worked best doing the firsst project cos i work best like that- i was given a word that i otherwise would not have chosen, and the pace of the task, the energy and the vitality of it, forced me to think in a looser way. The fortnight was pretty much summed up by a statement I wrote at the beginning of the first two weeks, fashion and textiles, saying 'I've learned to let go', which tutor Michelle liked so much she asked me to write it bigger and pose with it for a photo  to use in the rotation talks, if she chooses to display that way. Since then I've learned even more to let go. This process has been really good for my creativity on the whole.
     Vis comm was very good. I was astounded by the quality of others' work! My team alone had some fantastic ideas, ones that really inspired me. I also peeked around at the current fashion/textiles peeps, they'd done AMAZING work!!! It was all very inspiring, but I really wish I'd utilised that rotation more. I thought I was working well at the time; I guess I wasn't open enough yet. The more rotations you do the more used to get to thinking diiferently, in a less a-level way, in a more foundation/higher way. Hence their work was better than ours cos they'd had more experience in thinking. I wish we'd had fine art first really, cos I don't think timing/experience would've affected my work as much as it did fashion textiles.
   I really need to stop assuming. I assumed vis comm was going to be graphics. Everyone said it would be. Hence I did not look forward to it. But I really enjoyed it! And the tutors were really nice, and you could tell that most of them were  really speaking from the heart and with meaning, even if it did takes ages longer than we may have wished it to- go away spyware update-.
   Watching jamie. Tis great! I didn't watch it last monday cos of cheerleading...which i've started doing! I am glad i signed up. I got a rather worrying text, mind you, on wednesday from Charlotte (one feels she deserves a capital C) about the first rugby game to cheer at. Que?????!!!!!!! I didn't think we'd learned a routine yet, we don't have uniforms yet to the best of my knowledge...I texted back to say I couldn't make it, it was wednesday so i had the usual appointment and a lecture, which was fine, i can come next time. I need to speak to someone though on  monday, cos i can't commit if games are gonna be on wednesdays...I know it's my only definately 'off'' day, but it's my lecture/seminar day, which are always in the middle of the day :/ :/ :/  I really want to keep/start cheerleading..Also I hope nothing's too late, my mum already had a mini  fit (understandably) when I got home (at fastest speed possible) at 20 to midnight. From now on I'm to stay with my Grandma, who lives nearer. But more than one nigiht a week??
      It's really nice being with her though. i have a great relationship with my grandma. She's just got a new/first computer, and is painstakingly learning how to use it. Just taught her to use internet, got her sorted with ancestry.co.uk which she's been wanting to use, like, forever. Life is good. Looking forward to 3d spatial. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment